HYDRASTEP 2468 SYSTEMConductivity Probe Steam drum water level monitoring system (Now SIL2)
Hydrastep is our universally trusted steam drum level measurement and indicator. This water level monitoring system provides an easy to read and continuous visual indicator of the levels of steam and water within the water tube boiler drum.
With over 50 years market experience and more than over 6,000 installations, Hydrastep has demonstrated its exceptional fault tolerant design that complies with safety standards and legislation. The robust design of this electronic gauge has up to 32 electrodes for up to 560C and 300 Bar and an independent report from Factory Mutual Research concluded that the statistical probability of Hydrastep missing a trip condition was less than 1 in 300 million!
Hydrastep is also referenced in the Combustion Engineering Associations (CEA) document BG11 ‘Guidance on Safe Operation of Water Tube Boilers’ as a suitable alternative to a sight glass. Hydrastep may be used as a Remote Level Indicator to give compliance with the ASME boiler and pressure vessel code.
Failure to detect low water levels in steam raising plant can have costly and potentially disastrous consequences. Fail-safe water level detection is vital to prevent damage to plant and personnel.
Steam boiler water level detection is vital to prevent damage to plant and personnel, Hydrastep’s electronic gauging system is the ideal ‘fit and forget’ solution to overcome the problems associated with unreliable and maintenance-intensive gauge glasses.
Did you know?
An independent report by Factory Mutual Research concluded that the statistical probability of Hydrastep missing a trip condition is less than 1 in 300 million and that nuisance trips will be less than 1 in 10 million.
Fault Tolerant & Fail-Safe Design
- Electronic gauging system for steam drum water level measurement.
- Fault tolerant and fail safe – Alarms for low/high water conditions will not trip the boiler on a false alarm.
- 4-20 mA output proportional to water/steam interface level.
- High clarity local and remote displays for control room.
- Electrodes available for up to 560°C (1,040°F) and 300 bar (4,350 PSI).
- Referenced in the CEA’s BG11: ‘Guidance on Safe Operation of Water Tube Boilers’.
- Can be used as part of an ASME compliant system.
- Approved by Factory Mutual for Boiler Water Level Control.
- Zone 2 hazardous area approval, IP65 enclosure.
- Upgrade path available for Hydrastep 2457 and 2467 systems.
- Hydrastep start-up, commissioning and maintenance services available.